Whether I’m off to work, going to run some errands or going for lunch with a friend; I tend to reach for the same products and do a very similar simple makeup look – base, eyebrows and lashes.
I’ll give you a quick over view of my skin, I’ve always had oily skin but as I’ve now reached the end of my teen years I’d say my skin airs on the more combination side with the occasional dry patch and a few less blemishes than when I was in school.
So let’s talk about the five products I use on a daily basis –
- PRIMER ; A recent discovery of mine is the Too Faced Hangover Primer, it’s got an amazing coconut water scent, adds another layer of moisture to my skin and keeps my makeup in place for longer. I hadn’t been a fan of primers before and thought they were a bit of a ‘faff’ step in my routine, but I now know that’s because I hadn’t found this one.
- FOUNDATION ; It has taken a while but I have finally found my holy grail foundation, the L’Oreal Paris Infallible Matte Foundation in the shade vanilla. I don’t know if I’ll ever branch out and fall in love with another foundation in quite the same way. Occasionally I do use others but I always come back to my trusty L’Oreal. The finish is just the right level of matte that it stays in place all day and has the coverage I like, yet doesn’t feel heavy on the skin. I’ve made almost all of my friends convert to this foundation; and they LOVE it.
- CONCEALER ; The Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer is the perfect formula – not too thick that it will crease under the eyes, but thick enough to hide those inevitable dark circles. I use a lighter shade under my eyes in an attempt to make me look more awake. It blends to perfection!
- EYEBROWS ; The one and only product I use on my eyebrows is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in medium brown. There’s not much else I can say about this product other than the colour is perfect and it stays in place all day.
- POWDER ; Due to having oily skin I’ve tried so many different setting powders – loose powders, pressed powders, finely milled powders, translucent powders… the list goes on! But after all my trial and errors I’ve now become reliant on the Bare Minerals, Mineral Veil. It’s a loose, translucent powder which as the name suggests puts a perfecting veil on top of your makeup. It doesn’t cling to any drier patches or blemishes and keeps my skin matte.
What’re your top five base products??
Lots of love, Em x